Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chelsea Gallery Reaction

Philip-Lorca diCorcia
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 1990-92
Framed: 31 3/4 x 44 3/8 x1 5/8 inches

This photograph is a type of illustration I would like to have for myself to keep. The reason behind it is mostly because I love tacos. With this being said, it's more of something personal and the way I would like to decorate my home will be based on my temperament. 

Philip-Lorca diCorcia
Los Angeles, California
Chromogenic print
Framed: 31 3/4 x 44 5/8 inches

This photograph is also coming from my own personal view. The way the person is situated in his bed like if he doesn't want to do anything, describes myself in varies of ways. This photograph gives out a "feel at home" and relaxing view when you have company in your home. It is very calming and would not make people or guests feel too chaotic or out of place when they are around.


This work of art on the left side gives out too much colorful and gives you too much energy. Personally, having this in your house would make me feel as though I am out of place. This type or work of art would also make my home feel unorganized and having guests will give them a shocking view.






This work of art of the right side gives out too much "sexual" vibe. It can make anybody feel uncomfortable just the way I felt seeing this at the Gallery. It gives off an inappropriate view especially with my type of religion. In my own personal view, people who would come over to your house and sees this hanging as a display would definitely give them an awkward vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment